- Retail Module Training – 100 hours of training was extended to 22 students comprising 16 students from TYBA (Hindi), 02 students from TYBAMM and 04 students from TYB.Com. Training started on July 18, 2018 and was completed on January 17, 2019.
- BFSI Module Training – 100 hours of training was extended to 19 students, comprising 05 students from TYB.Com and 14 students from TYBAF. Training started on August 14, 2018 and was completed on January 07, 2019.
I. 2. Techno Serve
The objective of the Youth Employability program of Technoserve is to develop employability skills among the students and provide placement support. The program consists of 60 hours worth of training to make students corporate ready, and is sponsored by Citi Foundation, the CSR arm of CitiBank.
- Training was conducted in 4 batches and a total of 197 students - 109 students from B.Com, 27 students from BMS, 49 students from BAF and 12 students from BA (Eco) have been trained by Technoserve during 2018-19. Each session spanned 1 hour 45 minutes on 5 or 6 days a week. Placements have been facilitated by Technoserve through multiple job fairs.
I.3. TCS Training Program
- Job fair on December 22, 2018 in MMP Shah College, Matunga
- Fair on February 15, 2019 in Western College of Commerce, Sanpada
- Career Fest on March 08, 2019 in Shree Narayan Guru College of Commerce, Chembur
- Job fair on April 08, 2019 in MMP Shah College, Matunga
- Job fair in our college on April 16, 2019.
Soft skills and employability skills training program of 60 hours has been conducted with sponsorship from TCS. Daily sessions of 1 hour 15 minutes started on January 10, 2019 and were completed on February 16, 2019. A total of 25 students enrolled for the training. This included 09 students from TYBMS, 08 students from TYB.Com and 08 students from TYBAF.
I. 4. Brightwayz
Brightwayz is an organisation that coaches students to appear in entrance exams of MBA, Banking, UPSC/ MPSC and other competitive exams. The curriculum covered is largely common across these exams and so also the training. Towards the end of the training, specific exam related coaching is given depending on the focus area of the student.
- The training was commenced in our college for final year students on July 22, 2018 and continued till April 14, 2019. A total of 146 students from all faculties showed interest in joining the program. However only 35 students completed the training (09 students from TYB.Com, 15 students from TYBAF, 08 students from TYBMS, 01 student from TYBCA and 02 students from TYBAMM).
- Each session consisted of two hours on every Sunday and in total 80 hours of training were completed.
- Various other seminars and training sessions were conducted at the Thane and Bhandup centres of Brightwayz. Different groups of our students attended them.
- A special session on Group Discussion, Personal Interview and Technical Skills was arranged at Thane Centre on November 19, 2018 attended by 5 students.
- A seminar on ‘CAREERS IN FINANCE’ was conducted on December 08, 2018 at Thane centre. Mr. Amey Mashilkar, MBA from IIM Bangalore and working with SEBI delivered a lecture on various career options from finance and also guided students about full time MBA in finance. 5 students participated in the seminar from our college.
- A seminar was arranged on ‘CAREERS IN MARKETING’ on December 08, 2018 at Thane centre. Mr. Sumedh Samarth, MBA from IIM Bangalore and working with SEBI delivered a lecture.
- A seminar was arranged on ‘JOB PLUS MBA’ for the students on December 09, 2018 at Thane centre. Mrs. Munira Lokhandwala, MBA from IIM Calcutta delivered a lecture and provided the information about pattern of jobs and fees of the colleges providing job plus MBA. 10 students participated in the seminar from our college.
- Brightwayz organised a mock test on March 03, 2019 at Bhandup. 22 students gave the mock test successfully.
- A Workshop was organised on MBA CET on March 05, 2019 at Tip-Top plaza, Teen Hath Naka, Thane. The workshop was free for all the MBA aspirant students from various colleges. 15 students participated from our college. Students have been provided certificates for participating in the workshop.
- Other activities conducted by Brightwayz:
- ‘UMANG-18’ Christmas Party was organised for students and teacher coordinators on December 25, 2018 at Dreams Banquet, Bhandup. Various events like Mr. & Ms. Brightwayz, On-the-spot Gyan, Team building were organised by the Brightwayz team for the students.
- A Help-Desk was been set up for Brightwayz students to guide and help students to fill CET Forms.
- Many of our students have appeared for MH-CET exams in March 2019.
I. 5. SIDDHIKA
NISM trained students for their course on Mutual Fund Distribution. ICICI Securities Ltd. sponsored the training, exam fees and also fees for registration with AMFI to deal in Mutual Funds. Students can then practice as Independent Financial Advisers. ICICI Securities has further agreed to offer job opportunities to deserving students who have qualified.
- NISM Course training was conducted in 2 batches and a total of 87 students attended the training sessions.
- Batch I – 63 students from TYB.Com and TYBAF were trained. Training started on December 28, 2018 and was completed on December 30, 2018
- Batch II – 24 students from TYB.Com, TYBAF and MCOM II were trained. Training started on January 19, 2019 and was completed on January 21, 2019
- 53 students gave online exams on January 07 and 29, 2019 and 22 students who passed have been licensed to deal in Mutual funds. These students will be interviewed shortly for job opportunities in ICICI Securities Ltd.
I. 6. Light Bulb
Light bulb skill development training program provides communication skills, self development, personal presentation, basic grammar, public speaking, business etiquette, email writing, etc. over 30 hours.
- Training Program for SYBCA students was conducted from December 31, 2018 to February 15, 2019.
- Training sessions for 70 students of various specialisations of Swadhar Career Institute were conducted from September 01, 2018 to November 03, 2018.