||Area / Topic
|Dr. Nimisha Kambli
||Consciousness, Subjectivity, Abstraction of Time: Phenomenological Investigation of Selected Novels by Kurt Vonnegut, John Fowels and Umberto Eco
|Dr. Sachin Bhumbe
||Malevolence of Caste Tyranny and Struggle for Central Locus: A Study of Selected Dalit Autobiography
|Dr. Rekha Randive
||Characterization Study of INDION GS 300 (Nuclear Grade) and INDION FF-IP (Non-Nuclear Grade) ANION Exchange Resins
|Dr. Vinod Zalte
||Eco-spirituality in the Novels of Louise Erdrich
|Dr. Shaili Gala
||A Study of Value Creation through Knowledge Management Practices with Reference to Higher Education Institutions in Mumbai
|Ms. Kavita Nikam
||Work Life Balance and Organizational Citizenship Behavior as Concomitants of Organizational Ethics and Values: A Study of IT Sector Professionals
|Mr. Shivaji Methe
||A Psychological Analysis of the Protagonists of Shashi Deshpande
|Ms. Manisha Parelkar
||Comprehension of Nutrition Messages in Labeling and Their Effects on Consumer Behaviour
|Ms. Shobha Bharat
||Emotional Intelligence and Academic Achievement of Pre-Adolescence as a Function of Parenting Styles
|Ms. Nidhi Dattani
||Physiological Effects of Weaving Heels : An Ergonomic Approach
|Ms. Suchita Bhovar
||A Study of ICT Applications in Cooperative banks in Mumbai
|Ms. Amrita Behel
||Nutrition and NCD’s
|Mrs. Madhuri Vaidya
||Generativity, Resilience and Mindfulness : Psychological Correlates of Physical health and Subjective wellbeing among Young Elderly
|Ms. Geeta Jadhav
||Swatantryottar Marathi Natkatil Nayakache Swaroop (1947-1990 Ya Kalkhandatil Nivdak Natkanchya Aadhare)
|Mr. Meet Shinde
||A Psychological Exploration of the Non-Dalits’ Scheme of Dalits and the Dalits Urban Experiences of Caste based Discrimination: A Grounded Theory Based Enquiry
|Ms. Savita Chavan
||Crystallizing Heteroglossia, Hybridization and Double Consciousness in select native American Narratives
|Ms. Purvy Karia
||Impact of Social Media Marketing of Skin Care Cosmetics on Consumer Decision Making Process – a study of Mumbai City
|Research awards received by the faculty
|Name of the faculty member
||Research Awards and Recognition Received
|Dr. Madhumita Bandopadhyaya
||Awarded first prize for Paper titled “The Two Competitors: Maritime Trade on Western Coast and BB &CI Railway (1864-1874)” in Young Researcher category at the 8thDr.Manikamerkar Memorial Seminar on August 1, 2015
|Dr. Asha Menon
||Received first prize for oral presentation on topic “Perception Of Happiness Among Under Privileged Early Adolescent Girls” at 3rd International Conference on Public Mental Health and Neurosciences , Bengaluru Co-organised by department of Human Development , of our College the December 14-15, 2016.
| Dr. Shaili Gala
||Received Best Paper Award for her research paper , “Use of Digital Technology in Business, Financial services and Education systems: Challenges & Opportunities” in an International conference held in Sewa Sadan College, Ulhasnagar on February 10,2018.
Seminar / Workshops arranged
The Department of Psychology had been a knowledge partners in the state level second Annual Conference of Global Society for Digital Psychology on Virtual Reality and the Future of Psychology held on January 8, 2019
- Ms Madhuri Vaidya presented a paper on Perceived Social Support among Elderly Living in Family’ at International conference organised by The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara from January 31 to February 2, 2019
- CA Madhuri Zamvar presented a paper on Study of Accessibility of Government Housing scheme w.r.t Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana at an International Conference on Changing Business Practices in Current Environment 2 days 6thAsia Pacific held on January 10 & 11, 2019 at SIMSREE (Sydenham Institute of Management). The paper obtained ISBN-978-81-928925-4-2.
- Dr. Asha Menon presented a paper on Preschool Teacher’s Perspective In Promoting Creativity And Creative Learning Environments at Two Day National Conference on Psychology for Health, Happiness and Humanity on February 22-23 2019 at the Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil College, Vashi (Autonomous College) and National Institute for the Empowerment of Persons with Intellectual Disabilities (Divyangjan), Regional Center, Navi Mumbai (NIEPID, RC, NM)
- Dr. Asha Menon presented a paper on Women On Display In Advertisements: Perception Of Adolescents Regarding Portrayal Of Women In Media at an International Conference on Empowered Women: Myth or a Reality organized by K. B. College Of Arts and Commerce For Women, Thane on March 6, 2019
- Ms. Madhumeeta Bandopadhyay presented a paper on Voices of the Affected Population: Constructing BB&CI Railway (1855-1870) at 1st Bodhi International Conference on “Humanities, Arts and Science(BICOHAS-2018) Organised by Department of English, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) from 24-27 August 2018
- Ms. Madhumeeta Bandopadhyay presented a paper at Two-Day International Conference on “Exploring the Unexplored: New Perspectives on History of Mumbai” organized jointly by Satish Pradhan Dnyansadhana College and University of Leceister on 6-7 January 6-7, 2019.
- Dr. Madhumita Bandopadhyay published a paper “Denial of Spatial Justice: Building the BB&CI Railway (1855-1870) in International Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Science “Bodhi”, Vol. 3, 1 Nov 2018, E-ISSN 2456-5571, pp.160-169.
- Dr. Asha Menon published a paper “Women in Child Care and Early Education: Truly Nontraditional Work” in International Journal of Current Research and Review Vol 10, Issue 13, July 2018, pp. 11-13. UGC Listed Journal: No. 62702.
- Dr. Ritu Bhatia published a paper 'Fostering Healthy Nutrition in Preschool Children through Classroom Activities and Awareness in Mothers regarding Healthy Eating' in International Multidisciplinary Quarterly Research Journal –Ajanta July- September 2018
- ISSN 2277-5730, UGC listed no, 40776 , impact factor 5.5, Volume V11,Issue 111
- Dr. Madhumita Bandopadhyay published a paper Voices of the Affected Population: Constructing BB&CI Railway (1855-1870) in International Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Science, India and Bishop Heber College, India 24-27 August 2018
Intercollegiate Students Research Paper presentation competitions Trishul and Urjita were organized every year by Department of Psychology and Faculty of Home Science respectively. Departments of Mass Media, Computer applications and Management Studies also organize college level Students Research Paper presentation competition Jigyasa.
Paper presentations by students
- Ms. Nikita Kaul, published a paper “A Comparative Study of Adjustment between Boys and Girls at Undergraduate Level” in the International Journal of Indian Psychology. June-September 2017. Vol.4 (4). ISSN: 2348-5396(e)/ ISSN: 2349-3429(p).
- Students presented paper on “Impact on Demonitisation on real estate” in XXV International Economic Convention held at Jai Hind College on December 07 to 09, 2017. Inamdar Saher was awarded Best Speaker in the team and Best Contributor in the team.
- Nine students of B.A. third year participated in a student’s research conference hosted by Singhad Institute of Business Management, Mumbai on February 24, 2018. The theme of the conference was on emerging India – “Advances and Challenges in the Field of Business and Management”.
- Ms. Rukhsar Khan and Ms. Saudah Chaudhary got second prize for paper presentation on the topic “Sustainable Development for Better Future” in the inter collegiate research competition organised by M. D. Shah Mahila college of Arts and Commerce in collaboration with SNDT Economics Teachers Association on March 5, 2018
- Ms. Pranali Shitole, Ms. Mamata Gupta and Ms. Tanishtha Chakraborty participated and presented paper on “A study of factors affecting investment trends in India” a two day national seminar “Changing Dimensions in accounting, Finance and Taxation” on 16th and 17th February 2018 AT R. J. College of Arts, Science and Commerce.
- TYBSc HD students published Two papers in the proceedings (ISBN : 978-93-5258-223-5) of the National Conference on ‘Dynamics of Family Relationships in the Contemporary World titled:
- Problems and adjustments in Remarriages.
- Influence of Social Media on relationships between grandparents and grandchildren.
- Ms. Pujare Dipti, Ms. Shaikh Sara, Ms. Shallar Pranali, Ms. Sitaram Sharada and Ms. Bhupati Prerna, TY BSC (HD) presented a research paper titled “Attitude Of Adolescents towards Live- In Relationships” at URJITA Inter-Collegiate Students' Research Competition on 3rd February 2018 organized by the Home Science Faculty. This presentation won the II Prize.
- Ms. Shukla Shweta, Ms. Bangale Prachi, Ms. Parmar Dhwani, Ms. Marathe Aditi and Ms. Singhi Nidhi, TY BSC (HD) presented a research paper titled “Facebook and Its Influence On Generation Next” at URJITA Inter-Collegiate Students' Research Competition on 3rd February 2018 organized by the Home Science Faculty.
- The T.Y B. Sc (HD) students attended the one day seminar on “Adolescence: Changes & Challenges “organized by Shri. M D Shah College of Commerce and Arts on 17th January 2018.
- Students comprising of five students - Ms. Madhura Shirsat, Ms. Hemangi Pednekar, Ms. Arati Verma, Ms. Vijayalakshmi Gopal, and Ms. Jerry Rajkumar presented their research project “Commercially Available Fast Food Variety and GenNext” at the undergraduate intercollegiate research competition “Urjita – 2018” organized by Faculty of Home Science of our college on Saturday, 3rd February, 2018.
- Students, Ms. Kamilla Mulla, Ms. Sumbul Khan, Ms. Afifa Bhatkar, Ms. Shabeena Shaikh and Ms. Summiya Khan presented their research project titled “Influence of Media on Nutrition Knowledge and Food Selection in Gennext” at the undergraduate intercollegiate research competition “Urjita – 2018” organized by Faculty of Home Science of our college on Saturday, 3rd February, 2018.
- Ms. Madhura Shirsat and Ms. Hemangi Pednekar presented their food product “Savoury Bar” and Ms. Afifa Bhatkar and Ms. Razia Chaudhary presented their food product “Basil-Spinach Khakra at the competition held during the seminar titled “Opportunities In Health Foods” organized by Zantech in collaboration with Indian Dietetic Association, Mumbai Chapter. on Saturday, 10th February 2018.
- Ms. Shweta Darekar, Ms. Cindrella Robert, Ms. Samiksha Jankar, Ms. Vaishali Kodag and Ms. Rutuja Raut presented a research paper titled: "Millennials: Simulacrum of Gen next" under the guidance of Ms. Nidhi Dattani at Urjita- an Intercollegiate Research Competition on February 3rd, 2018.
- Ms. Shweta Darekar, Ms. Cindrella Robert, Ms. Samiksha Jankar, Ms. Vaishali Kodag And Ms. Ruchika Gawan presented a research paper titled: "Public spaces for Gen next - a millennial' perspective" under the guidance of Ms. Nidhi Dattani at Urjita- an Intercollegiate Research Competition on February 3rd, 2018.
- Ms. Shweta Darekar, Ms. Cindrella Robert and Ms. Samiksha Jankar presented a research paper titled: designing public space - a youth's perspective" under the guidance of Ms. Nidhi Dattani at Episteme-2018 for undergraduates organised by Sinhgad institute, Mumbai on February 24rd, 2018.
- Ms. Ruchika Gawand, Ms. Rutuja Raut and Ms.Vaishali Kodag presented a research paper titled: Impact of Public spaces on youth" under the guidance of Ms. Nidhi Dattani at Episteme-2018 for undergraduates organised by Sinhgad institute, Mumba on February 24, 2018.