Being a linguistic minority institution (Gujarati Language), 50% of the seats are reserved for Gujarati speaking students.
Students are admitted to the First Year Junior College (F.Y.J.C.) on consideration of merit as per the Government/ High Court order. Seats are reserved as per Govt. Resolution No. BCC/ 1093/2167/CR-141/93/16-B dated 18.6.1994
Students who have passed the I.C.S.E. or any other examination conducted by any statutory Board other than the Maharashtra State Board for Secondary Education must obtain an Eligibility Certificate from the Bombay Divisional Board.
The Original School Leaving Certificate shall be retained by the college as a permanent record, while the Original S.S.C. mark-sheet shall be returned to the candidate after the Government admission centers are closed.
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS :
- Passing Std X examination from any recognised board (S.S.C., CBSE, ICSE) with English as a compulsory subject for admission to F.Y.J.C.
- Only students scoring more than 100 marks (67%) in the subject Mathematics (sub code 71) in std X will be allowed to opt for Mathematics as an option in Science or Commerce stream.
- Admission in S.Y.J.C. will be given in the same stream in which student has passed her F.Y.J.C.
- The original certificates along with certified Copies of the following have to be submitted at the time of admission :
1 - Standard X Mark Sheet
2 - School Leaving Certificate
3 - Ration card
4 - Migration Certificate, if from any Board other than Maharashtra. The student has to approach the college office for information regarding other documents.
- Student has to complete minimum 75% of attendance in each term. Failing which student will not be allowed to appear for the annual exams / Board exams.